Parish of St Phillip,Sawutini
Rector : The Revd Zamva Mbalo
Cell : 083 922 9640
Mr. Nkululeko Mbenge
Miss Nomasango Gana
Mrs. Sylvia Dyobha (alternate)
Number of old congregants: 30
Number of young communicants: 16
Number of children (non-communicants): 22
The parish began on 1st July 2010, having previously been part of All Saints Parish. It has one station.
Adults pledge R100.00 per month. Young communicants pledge R10.00 per month, and children pledge R5.00 per month.
There are 3 congregants who are working, as labourers, and 4 young people who are working. Most of the congregants are pensioners who get paid from their banks on the 3rd of every month.
As a new parish we are busy filling the church with necessary equipment such as desks for priests, burners for guilds, chalice and ciborium for the parish.
Our parish likes to cooperate with other parishes in the archdeaconry.
The parish wishes to respect all diocesan needs:
- to attend archdeaconry meetings
- to honour visits by the archdeacon
- to conduct welcomes, farewells, patronal festivals, preparations for choir recording, preparation for choir competitions, etc.
- to submit yellow papers (income&expenditure records) to the archdeacon
May God help us in all that we do.
- attending diocesan events
- honouring the visits of our Bishop the our parish or our archdeaconry
- paying the assessment of R5500.00
- paying Family Day contribution of R7500.00
- submittin gyellow papers to the diocese